Monday, September 7, 2009

Great Sand Dunes National Park

Sept 6 - Great Sands National Park Evening Photo shoot

The light was extremely dramatic on the drive over to this wonderful park. A rainbow blessed my drive into the park and for just a few moments even treated me to a double rainbow!

I arrived just in time for the dramatic light on the dunes and on the distant mountains. There were quite a few people on the dunes but they faded away just before the best light show of the evening... Of course they leave when the sun sets and I hang out for the afterglow.
The only problem with that is that it is quite easy to turn around to come back to the dunes parking lot and not be able to find it! Darkness sets in and the vastness of the dunes, though I had not wandered in all that far, makes it nearly impossible! Luckily I did spot someone with a very white shirt who had a flashlight and I followed him directly back.

The moon gave me a constant show through a pitch black night as I wandered with my Honda up to a little town called Salita for the night.

Kristen Westlake
Nature and Wildlife Photography on Canvas
WEBSITE: http://www.Kristenwestlake.com
PHONE: (262) 374-0869
EMAIL: kristenwestlake2@gmail.com

No comments: