Friday, September 18, 2009

Rocky Mountain National Park

> The next day however made Ridge Road and me great friends. The sunny
> morning gave way to moody storm clouds and gave me brilliant
> photography as I made my way back to the East side of the park and
> observed what I was unable to see the night before.
> Of course I must hike or run in every place that I make images.
> Whether I am making images from the hike itself or simply
> experiencing Nature as she is it seems essential to me anymore to
> immerse myself in the knowledge of the land. Ute Trail was
> recommended to me by a volunteer at the visitor center.
> I had become quite accustomed to the high altitude of over 2 miles
> up and really revel in that thin air! Workouts are better and I can
> breathe so easy! So many have difficulties up here so I swear on the
> possibility of having been a mountain goat in a previous life! LOL..
> You can see by the GPS route that I was at around 2 miles altitude
> and you can also see the tell tale signs of where and when I went
> off course and did my own trail blazing.
>

No comments: